Besides a broad range of fire knowledge, it is crucial that firefighters who are dealing with crisis situations also obtain special knowledge regarding cartography. This course will teach the participants about different types of maps, tactical symbols, and situation reports, and how to orient themselves in an unknown area based on the signs on the map.
What will the participants learn?
In this training course the participants will obtain knowledge on constructing, handling and managing situation maps.
After the completion of the course the participants will be able to:
- construct a situation report;
- select the appropriate map material;
- read and evaluate the map material;
- find their way in unknown areas;
- know and master tactical symbols;
- use tactical symbols in a precise and clear way;
- handle a situation map.
Who should attend?
The course is targeted at individuals working as:
- fire officers
- incident commanders
- heads of operations
Course participants must:
- possess mission-related tactical knowledge;
- speak English, German or Slovene;
- have passed Command & Control Course – Module 1: Basics of operational command post.
Further TrainingModule 3: Command post exercise and solving the current situation