In the event of crisis situations, knowledge of fire behaviour and firefighting tactics is usually not enough. Besides a basic knowledge of fire, the participants of this course will also obtain the skills related to the operational command post. A willingness to lead and dedication to the job are key prerequisites for good, effective functionality of the command post. This course is targeted towards individuals working as Fire Officers, Incident Commanders or Head of Operations.
What will the participants learn?
The participants will learn the basics of operational command posts. The course goal is to present the structure and process of setting up an effective command post. Special emphasis will be given to the different local situations which can occur in each individual country. The participants will acquire basic knowledge of the command system and leadership processes, as well as basic knowledge of individual actions in specific sections.
After completion of the course the participants will be able to:
- understand and work within the operational command system;
- implement and work in compliance with leading system processes;
- set up a basic command post;
- work in an operational command post;
- understand and work in sections S1-S6 of an operational command post;
- understand the work of the operator of situation maps;
- work according to tactical symbols.
Who should attend?
The course is targeted at individuals working as:
- fire officers
- incident commanders
- heads of operations
Course participants must:
- possess mission-related tactical knowledge;
- have passed the Fire Officer course;
- speak English, German or Slovene.
Further TrainingModule 2: Cartography, Management of Situation Maps in Operations building up a situation map, situation map guidance, creation of tactical symbolsModule 3: Command post exercise and solving the current situation